Easy Pizza Casserole is a recipe made with pasta, marinara sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese, all baked in one casserole dish. Try my Foccacia Pepperoni Pizza for another delicious recipe!
Easy Pizza Casserole
There is nothing better than an easy, but delicious recipe that can be put together in a few minutes and baked in one dish! This Easy Pizza Casserole is the kind of meal that is simple to throw together after a long day, but hearty enough to satisfy even the hungriest eaters.
Easy Pizza Casserole Ingredients
Pasta: I love using ‘corkscrew’ cavatappi noodles (I use them in my Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese). But, you can use any noodles you prefer. You do not cook the noodles ahead of time, which makes this recipe even easier!
Marinara Sauce: Choose your favorite jar of marinara sauce. For a little kick, try a red sauce like Arrabbiata sauce.
Pepperoni Slices: Reserve about 1/4 cup of the pepperoni slices to add to the top of the casserole for the final baking time.
Cheese: Two cups of shredded mozzarella cheese will top the casserole.
How to Make Easy Pizza Casserole
As I stated, you only need one baking (or casserole) dish for this recipe. You don’t even need to cook the noodles before adding them to the dish. Easy peasy! And, it’s a recipe that the whole family will love!
First, add the uncooked noodles, marinara sauce, water, Italian seasoning, and most of the pepperoni slices to a 9×13-inch baking dish. Reserve about a quarter cup of the pepperoni to add as a topping with the cheese. Combine the ingredients in the dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, carefully take the dish out of the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Top with all of the shredded cheese and reserved pepperoni slices. Place the pizza casserole back in the oven, uncovered, to bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Let the casserole rest for a few minutes before serving with a side of garlic breadsticks or cheesy garlic bread. Round out the meal with a side of Roasted Zucchini Spears or Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus.
Looking for More Casserole Recipes?
Many casseroles are made in one dish, which makes them a popular choice when it comes to dinner ideas.
Easy Pizza Casserole
- 1 box (16 ounces) cavatappi noodles
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bag (6 ounces) pepperoni slices, reserving ¼ cup for topping
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the dry noodles, marinara sauce, water, Italian seasoning, and most of the pepperoni slices (reserving ¼ cup for the topping) to the baking dish. Stir to combine and cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove the aluminum foil from the casserole and top with the mozzarella cheese and reserved pepperoni slices.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.