Cheesy Hamburger and Rice Dip is a warm, cheesy dip that is loaded with seasoned ground beef, Mexican rice, tomatoes, and Velveeta cheese, all blended together and cooked in a large skillet. Try my Cheesy Bacon Chicken Dip for another warm and cheesy skillet dip.
Cheesy Hamburger Rice Dip
Hamburger and Rice Dip is made in a cast-iron skillet. This dip is all cooked on the stovetop; no need to turn on the oven. It’s a hot, cheesy dip that is SO GOOD on tortilla chips or used as a bread dip. It is the perfect appetizer for game days, gatherings, or just to have on hand for a snack. The Mexican rice and taco seasoning added to the mix gives it just a little twist to a classic cheesy hamburger dip.
Hamburger Rice Dip Recipe
This dip is easy to put together and serve whenever you need an appetizer. It will definitely not last long, and if you want to make it ahead of time, just store it in a covered container in the refrigerator and heat it up the next day, either in the microwave, on the stovetop, or in a crockpot on the warm or low setting (checking and stirring frequently).
Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Ground beef–You could also use ground turkey, chicken, or sausage.
- Taco seasoning–Make your own homemade taco seasoning for this recipe!
- Mexican rice
- Diced tomatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Velveeta cheese
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
How to Make Cheesy Rice Dip
You need a large skillet and the ingredients listed to make this delicious dip. To get started, brown the ground beef over medium heat and drain any grease from the meat. Next, add the taco seasoning, rice, water, diced tomatoes, and oil. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 7 minutes.
After simmering for seven minutes, add the cheese and melt it completely. This should take about five minutes or so. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Can I Make this Dip in a Slow Cooker?
Yes! You can definitely make this in a slow cooker. First, brown and drain the hamburger. Next, add in the browned hamburger and all the other ingredients that go into the dip into your slow cooker. Then, cook on low for 1-2 hours. Finally, change the setting to warm, making sure to stir it once in a while if you are not serving it right away.
More Dip Recipes
Cheesy Hamburger and Rice Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons (1 packet) taco seasoning
- 1 package (5.4 ounces) Mexican rice (see image above for more information)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat (7-10 minutes). Drain grease from the meat.
- Add taco seasoning, rice, water, diced tomatoes, and oil. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add cheese and melt completely (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
This Hamburger and Rice Dip recipe was inspired by @brittanygendra8 on TikTok.
This sounds delicious! One question tho, it calls for Mexican Rice…is there a recipe for this, or what kind of seasonings do I d to make it? Would love to give it a go!