Lemon Parmesan Chicken Salad is a light and refreshing salad made with lemon parmesan dressing mixed with romaine lettuce and lemon garlic marinated chicken. Check out my Easy Caprese Salad for another delightful and flavorful salad!
Lemon Parmesan Chicken Salad
After Lemon Parmesan Salad went viral on TikTok, I had to try it myself. Yes, it is a fresh and flavorful salad, but I wanted to tweak it to add more substance. So, I added lemon garlic marinated chicken (from my Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken Kebabs), red onions, and homemade croutons.
There are two parts to this recipe–the marinated chicken and the lemon parmesan salad.
Chicken: You will need about a pound of chicken breasts. Be sure to pound them down to an even thickness for best cooking results.
Marinade: The marinade is olive-oil based with lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and a few crushed red pepper flakes.
Parmesan Cheese: Use freshly grated parmesan cheese, if possible. You will definitely get the parmesan cheese flavor in each bite.
How to Store the Salad
Once you have the salad mixed with the dressing, it’s best to serve it right away. However, any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Can I Make this Ahead of Time?
You could get a head start when it comes to making the salad. The chicken can be marinated up to overnight, which gives it even more flavor if you ask me. In addition, you could get the onion and lettuce chopped and ready to go. And, get the parmesan cheese grated.
Can I Make this Without the Chicken?
Sure! If you want a super light salad simply leave off the chicken. This would be a delicious and zesty side salad or even a light lunch. But, I wouldn’t leave out the croutons!
Lemon Parmesan Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1-2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium lemons, juiced, divided (about ⅔ cup total)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 romaine hearts, roughly chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup (100 g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (53 g) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ medium red onion, cut into thin slices (about ½ cup)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- croutons, for garnish
- In a large zipper bag, add chicken, olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Remove air from the bag and then zip it closed. Turn the bag several times to coat the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the chicken and marinade. Cook undisturbed for 4-6 minutes. Flip and repeat with the opposite side. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. (Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.)
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Set it aside to rest for 5 minutes. After the chicken has rested and slightly cooled, slice it.
- In a large bowl add romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, olive oil, remaining lemon juice, garlic, red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Top with sliced chicken and croutons. Gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.