Mint chocolate cookies are chewy and delicious. The flavor combo is so unique, you can’t help but try a few:) Mint and chocolate make a timeless combination. As an ice cream, chocolate candy, or these mint chocolate cookies, I personally do not know anyone who dislikes this duo. These mint chocolate cookies have a fudgy and chewy base and are taken over the top with a layer of rich ganache. They’ll disappear fast, so make sure to double the batch!
Mint Chocolate Cookies Master Mix
For this recipe, we use a master cookie mix. I love gifting homemade cookie mixes to friends, especially my baking adverse friends. When doing so, I need to make sure it’s as easy for them to execute as possible. We’re talking just-add-water type of easy. So today I am giving you a two for one. We start with one master mix, add some simple mix-ins, package them in charming jars and add a cute tag with simple directions.
One master mix is enough to make about 10 quart-sized mixes. Make sure to check out all the different combinations!
MASTER MIX RECIPE
- 9 cups all purpose our
- 1 1/4 cups powdered whole eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk powder
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups powdered butter
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
In a very large bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
MINT CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Mint chocolate cookies are chewy and delicious. The flavor combo is so unique, you can’t help but try a few:) Mint and chocolate make a timeless combination.
- 2 cups master mix recipe below
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons mint chocolate cocoa mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Stir in 1/4 cup water.
Working with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool completely on pan.
- Spread cookies with ganache.
Make the ganache by heating the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat, just until steamy. Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over the chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.