Oven-Baked Chicken Bites are pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are seasoned and baked in the oven to perfection. Chicken, a few seasonings, and you are on your way to one of the easiest chicken dinner recipes out there. You might also want to try my Bacon Chicken Bites!
Oven-Baked Chicken Bites
With all the chicken recipes out there, it’s nice to have an easy and flavorful one to put together in no time! These chicken bites will be loved by the entire family and can be made in just a few minutes. They are juicy and seasoned well and I would even go so far as to say a healthier option than traditional chicken nuggets. You can serve the chicken bites with a side of asparagus or roasted green beans or over a bed of rice.
Chicken: Cut up boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Try to make them uniform for the best results when baking.
Seasoning Mix: The seasoning mix to coat the chicken is made with: Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Butter: Cube the unsalted butter to add on top of the chicken before baking. The butter helps the chicken come out juicy and tender. Or, try the chicken bites with Cowboy Butter.
How to Make Oven-Baked Chicken Bites
These tender oven-baked chicken bites will be on your weeknight menu rotation once you see how easy and delicious it is! First, place the cubed chicken into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Next, in a small bowl, mix together the seasonings. Sprinkle the seasonings over the tops of the pieces of chicken.
Then, drizzle the olive oil over the seasoned chicken. Mix the ingredients together to get all of the chicken coated. Finally, top the chicken with butter cubes and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir the chicken and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. The chicken bites are fully cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Can You Make Chicken Bites in an Air Fryer?
Yes! Mix the seasonings (in the recipe card below) and coat the chicken. You will not use the butter in the recipe unless you want to melt it over the chicken after it is done in the air fryer.
Set the air fryer to 375°F (or 380°F per your air fryer’s capability) and cook for 8-12 minutes or until no longer pink inside. The internal temperature should be 165°F.
How to Store Chicken Bites
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. Reheat them in the microwave or in the oven. You could also freeze the bites for up to two months.
Oven-Baked Chicken Bites
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the cubed chicken into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the chicken.
- Add the olive oil and mix all the ingredients together until the chicken pieces are coated in the seasonings.
- Top the chicken with the butter cubes.
- Bake for 10 minutes. After ten minutes, stir the chicken and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. The chicken is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if using.
- Serve with a side of green beans or over rice.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.