Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is a rich and zesty chicken and pasta dish made in a slow cooker, letting it do all the work! It is a comforting and satisfying meal with a creamy, Italian-inspired twist. If you don’t have Olive Garden’s signature dressing, use homemade Italian Dressing! This is SO easy and so delicious!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Chicken: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are cooked in the slow cooker before being shredded. Chicken thighs would also be delicious.
Italian Dressing: If you have ever been to Olive Garden, you have probably tasted their signature dressing. It is a little sweet, zesty, and delicious on their salad, for sure! But, if you don’t have any on hand, make your own Italian dressing.
Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese is best. It will be added to the slow cooker and used for garnish.
Chicken Broth: Chicken broth helps keeps the chicken moist and adds flavor to the dish. You could also use chicken stock.
Pasta: Penne pasta, a tubular pasta, holds up well in the thick, creamy sauce. However, you could use your favorite pasta noodles, or make your own homemade-shaped pasta!
Cream Cheese: To add creaminess and richness, cream cheese is added in the final 30 minutes of cooking time.
What To Serve With Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
To round out this rich and creamy main dish, try serving it with a few of these delicious side dishes:
- Garlic Bread or Garlic Knots
- Wedge Salad
- Roasted Vegetables like carrots, green beans, asparagus, or shredded Brussels sprouts
How To Store Slow Cooker Chicken Pasta
If you have any leftovers, store the Olive Garden Chicken Pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Olive Garden Signature Italian dressing (can use copycat dressings or knock-off brands)
- ¼ cup (25 g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (240 g) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- parmesan cheese, grated for garnish
- parsley, for garnish
- To the bowl of a 6-quart slow cooker, add chicken breasts, dressing, parmesan cheese, pepper, chicken broth, and water.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 5-6 hours. Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- When ready, remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it with two forks.
- To the bowl of the slow cooker, add the uncooked pasta, cream cheese, and shredded chicken, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve garnished with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
I love a good slow-cooker meal. They are perfect for those days when you just want to open the door to the smell of an already-prepared dinner. This one is simple and tangy, and oh-so delicious! Even picky eaters will like this one.
I was pleasantly surprised at the sweetness of this dish. At first glance, it looked like it would be super rich, like an Alfredo sauce. But, there was a tanginess in each bite. And, it's all cooked in a slow cooker, so that is a huge plus!
Yum! This pasta is creamy and it has a hint of tanginess! I was actually pleasantly surprised with the outcome of the pasta. This is so easy to prepare and it is tasty!
This dish is a great combination of tangy, sweet, and savory! Easy to throw together, and definitely worth it.
This was so good! I already love Olive Garden's dressing and it was really delicious in this dish! Very easy to throw together in the crockpot. I was skeptical at first, too, but it's very tasty!
Super quick and easy to throw together. I liked that I didn't have to prepare much at all! Just throw it in, let it cook and enjoy. I enjoyed the flavor the dressing brought to it and the creaminess from the cream cheese!