Air Fryer Southwest Chicken Burritos are flour tortillas filled with shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, vegetables, taco seasoning, and fresh pico de gallo. Try my Southwest Cobb Salad Dip for another flavorful Southwestern-inspired dish!
Air Fryer Southwest Chicken Burritos
This recipe starts with homemade flour tortillas. Then, it’s all about the rotisserie chicken, cheeses, veggies, homemade taco seasoning, and fresh pico de gallo. Most of this delicious recipe can be made from scratch. And, the burritos are cooked in an air fryer, which makes them a healthier option for lunch or dinner.
Air Fryer Southwest Chicken Burritos Recipe
With all the ingredients combined in a bowl and wrapped in a tortilla, this air fryer southwest chicken burrito recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious!
Flour Tortillas: I used burrito-sized tortillas for this recipe and made 6 burritos. However, depending on the size of tortillas you use and how much you fill each, you may be able to make more.
Rotisserie Chicken: Skip the rotisserie chickens that have been sitting under a heat lamp and make your own to shred for this recipe! Or, you can check the deli department to see if they have a chicken already shredded and ready to go.
Taco Seasoning: Homemade seasonings pack more flavor than store-bought seasonings. Plus, you can make as much as you need at any time!
Pico de Gallo: Fresh pico de gallo is in the burrito as well as an option as a garnish. Make enough to have for some chips later; it’s that refreshing and delicious!
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Southwest Chicken Burritos
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo
- 6 flour tortillas, burrito size
- cooking spray
- sour cream, for garnish
- pico de gallo, for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.*
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, black beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and pico de gallo. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop 1 cup of the mixture into the center of a tortilla shell. Fold in the sides, and, starting at the bottom, bring the shell over the top of the folded sides. Roll and tighten as you go, until secured.
- Spray the outside of the shell with cooking spray.
- Place into preheated air fryer for 5 minutes. (The number of burritos to air fry at one time depends on the size of your air fryer.)
- Flip and spray the opposite side of the burrito with cooking spray. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and serve warm with pico de gallo and sour cream.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Follow the instructions to fill and wrap each burrito.
- Place the burritos onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through and the tortillas are slightly crispy.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
These would be much better without blending with cream cheese. It was like mush in a burrito. Gonna try again without.
I don’t have an air fryer. Could I bake these in the oven or pan fry? Thank you 😊
They were great!
Can I join your page so I can see it recipes.
Do u really need the cream cheese? Everything these days is just way too much cheese and many in my family don’t care for cream cheese.
You can certainly omit it if you do not want to use it. I found the burritos to be dry without out it.