Tuscan Garlic Chicken is chicken breasts marinated in a garlic marinade and baked on a sheet pan with green beans and cherry tomatoes. Try my Tuscan Chicken recipe or Creamy Tuscan Salmon for a couple more flavorful recipes.
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Sheet pan recipes like this one and sheet pan chicken fajitas are so convenient since everything is cooked together on one pan. This Tuscan Garlic Chicken recipe starts with a garlic marinade for the chicken. Then, the marinated chicken is nestled into a pan of green beans and tomatoes, all topped with parmesan cheese and baked.
Tuscan Garlic Chicken Ingredients
Chicken: I prefer boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Chicken thighs could also be used if preferred. If the chicken pieces are too thick, pounding them down is an option to allow for more even cooking.
Marinade: The marinade is made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Vegetables: I used green beans and cherry tomatoes for my veggies. You could also try asparagus or Brussels sprouts. Grape tomatoes would work as well.
Marinating the Chicken
The first thing to do in this Tuscan Garlic Chicken recipe is to marinate the chicken. You can use a bowl (covered) or a zipped plastic bag. Simply add the chicken with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh parsley to a bowl or a zipper bag. Make sure the chicken is coated in the marinade. Cover the bowl (or seal the bag) and store in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to overnight.
How to Make Tuscan Garlic Chicken
When ready, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, add the green beans and tomatoes in an even layer to the pan. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Then, add the marinated chicken to the pan, nestling it into the veggies.
Finally, top with parmesan cheese and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken breasts have an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from the oven and serve garnished with parsley. Add a basket of breadsticks to the table for a complete meal. Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
More Chicken Recipes
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 10 ounces (approximately 2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large bowl (or large plastic zipper bag), add the chicken, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley. Toss to combine. Cover the bowl and chill the marinating chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the green beans and cherry tomatoes in an even layer onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and nestle it into the veggies on the baking sheet. (Discard the marinade.)
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
hi I was making these for dinner and I realized I boiled the sauce over high heat instead of medium. Is that going to cause a problem?