Air Fryer Hash Brown Breakfast is crispy hash brown patties topped with avocado, egg, queso fresco, and garlic chili oil. Try my Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet for another tasty breakfast to start your day.
Egg and Avocado Hash Brown Breakfast
It’s always nice to start out with a hot breakfast. This recipe is loaded with lots of different flavors and textures that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds and your belly! It starts with frozen hash brown patties that are cooked in an air fryer. Then, the hash brown patties are topped with eggs, cooked how you like them, mashed avocado, queso fresco, and garlic chili oil. If you do not want to use hash browns, add the toppings to some toasted sourdough or ciabatta bread!
Hash Brown Breakfast Ingredients
Hash Browns: Grab some frozen hash brown patties from your local grocery store to use. Or, make your own homemade hash brown patties! (⬅️this is a great recipe!)
Eggs: Cook the eggs how you prefer. The instructions state how I cooked each of the eggs sunny-side up with a runny yolk. Add more cooking time for a firmer yolk.
Avocado: Mash a ripe avocado. Avocados are ripe when they are soft, but not mushy, near the top and bottom (not around the center). The peel may also be a bit darker when ripe, but the touch test is your best bet. You could also use guacamole on the hash browns.
Queso Fresco: Queso Fresco, or fresh cheese, is a white cheese that is soft and crumbly with a mild flavor.
Garlic Chili Oil: This condiment adds so much flavor to many foods from eggs, pizza, salads, and pasta noodles, just to name a few.
Can I Make the Eggs in the Air Fryer, too?
Yes! In this recipe, the eggs are made in a skillet while the hash browns are cooked in an air fryer. However, you could also cook the eggs in the air fryer, too. To do this, there is some timing involved. Here is how to do it:
- Place the hash brown patties in the basket of your air fryer. I could only cook two at a time to leave enough room for adding the eggs later, so keep that in mind.
- Cook the hash browns for 8 minutes at 400°F.
- After 8 minutes, reduce the air fryer temperature to 380°F and place the eggs in a mini pie pan or ramekin that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Be sure to use a vessel that will hold up to the heat of the air fryer.
- Place the eggs in the air fryer and flip the hash browns over.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or to your desired doneness.
- Remove the hash browns and eggs from the air fryer and add the additional toppings.
Can I Make Hash Brown Breakfast in the Oven?
Yes! Simply follow the package instructions on how to fry the hash brown patties in oil or bake them in the oven. Then, cook your eggs how you like them and add all the toppings to the cooked hash browns.
Air Fryer Hash Brown Breakfast
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium avocado, slightly mashed
- ¼ cup queso fresco, divided
- garlic chili oil, to taste, divided
- Place the frozen hash browns in the basket of your air fryer. Air fry for 12 minutes at 400°F, flipping halfway through for even crispness.
- While hash browns are cooking, make eggs. To a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. When the butter has melted, cook the eggs to your desired doneness. (We love our eggs sunny-side up, which took about 3-4 minutes.) Cook the eggs longer for a firmer yolk.
- Remove the hash browns from the air fryer and top each with a quarter of the mashed avocado, an egg, about a tablespoon of queso fresco, and garlic chili oil.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.