This Hamburger Stroganoff is the easiest and most delicious solution to your weeknight meal planning woes! Perfectly seasoned ground beef cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce on a bed of egg noodles. Your family will beg you for more! If you love stroganoff, make sure to check out my chicken stroganoff and Beef Stroganoff!
Easy Hamburger Stroganoff
This amazing hamburger stroganoff recipe is on your table in under 20 minutes. This is a busy parents dream! We have all been there, everyone is hungry, and you need to get them all fed, and fast. This recipe will save you from the deepest stages of dinner time panic! Just a few minutes and a few simple ingredients and you are on your way to a deliciously satisfying meal!
Hamburger Stroganoff Ingredients
Egg Noodles: Storebought noodles will work great, or you can make your own homemade egg noodles!
Ground Beef: I chose ground beef that is 80% lean and 20% fat (80/20). However, you could use the ground beef you have on hand.
Cream of Mushroom Soup: Whichever brand you prefer will work great, or check out my recipe for homemade cream of mushroom soup!
Hamburger seasoning: If you are feeling adventurous you can even make your own hamburger seasoning!
How to Make Easy Hamburger Stroganoff
This recipe has three primary steps, make the noodles, make the sauce, and finally serve!
Make the Noodles
This is one recipe where I will recommend just using the instructions on the box or bag. Those will be helpful to make sure your temperature and timing are right. As far as what type of noodle to go with, there are plenty of options that will work for you. We like to use medium-sized egg noodles. You can use penne, a bow tie, or even a fettucine noodle.
Pro Tip: Drizzle some olive oil on drained noodles and toss them a bit to keep them from sticking together while you finish cooking the sauce.
Make the Sauce
Start by browning the meat. Once all of the pink is cooked off, you can season with the hamburger seasoning mix, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream. Cook for about 3-5 minute or until everything is cooked through. If you feel like you want the sauce to be a little thinner you can add some additional sour cream, or even some milk to lighten it up.
For serving, I like to plate up the noodles and then top with the sauce and some chopped chives or parsley. For pairing, make sure to whip up a batch of my Amish potato dinner rolls or my easy no-yeast breadsticks!
EASY HAMBURGER STROGANOFF
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon hamburger seasoning
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Add ground beef to medium-high skillet; cook and stir to break the beef into smaller pieces as it cooks until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle hamburger seasoning over the beef mixture, stir, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour mushroom soup over beef, stir, and cook until hot, about 2 minutes; add sour cream, stir until smooth, and cook until again hot, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour beef mixture over the cooked egg noodles.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.