Pizza Dip is an appetizer that has all of the delicious flavors of a classic cheesy pepperoni pizza in a hot dip. If you ask me, you really can’t go wrong when it comes to anything pizza related! If you love this dip, you must try it with my Focaccia Breadsticks!
If you love pepperoni pizza as much as I do, you are sure to love this dip. It is so easy to put together, and it’s the perfect appetizer to bring to any party! Be sure to try my Pizza Sliders and Focaccia Pepperoni Pizza for other delicious pizza recipes.
Pepperoni: I diced up pepperoni slices to have in the dip, and left a few slices whole for topping. You can also use the mini pepperoni pieces some stores sell. Or, substitute any of your other favorite pizza toppings depending on your taste preference.
Pizza Sauce: What is a pizza recipe without the perfect pizza sauce? You can use store-bought pizza sauce for this recipe, or if you really want to elevate this appetizer, you can make homemade sauce!
Cheese: I used both cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese for this recipe. Be sure to soften the cream cheese in this recipe for the best outcome.
How to Serve
This dip is meant to be served hot. My favorite way to serve this pizza dip is with homemade focaccia breadsticks! Other delicious options for serving this appetizer are bagel chips, toasted baguettes, crackers, or garlic breadsticks. Whichever dipping option you choose, this dip is sure to be the talk of the party!
How to Store
Store any leftover pizza dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Simply reheat the dip in the microwave to warm it back up.
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup (about 25 slices) pepperoni slices, diced (Reserve 10-12 whole slices for topping)
- 2 cups (226 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup (257 g) pizza sauce
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and diced pepperoni. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pie pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the cream cheese mixture. Pour the pizza sauce evenly over the mozzarella. Sprinkle the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce. Top with the reserved pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the dip is heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.