Ham Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches are made with King’s Hawaiian rolls filled with eggs, ham, and two kinds of cheese brushed with seasoned melted butter. Be sure to try my Egg and Ham Breakfast Sandwich, too!
Ham Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
I have lots of sliders, from Monte Cristo Sliders to Cuban Sliders to Cheeseburgers Sliders, just to name a few. However, I didn’t have a breakfast slider, so I add to use sweet Hawaiian rolls to make a mini breakfast sandwich that the entire family would love! And, if being loaded with scrambled eggs, ham, and two kinds of cheese was not enough, the buns are topped and baked with seasoned melted butter!
Breakfast Sliders Ingredients
Eggs: You will need six eggs for the scrambled eggs in this recipe. Make the eggs first and set them aside.
Rolls: In all of my slider recipes, I use King’s Hawaiian Rolls. The super soft and slightly sweet rolls bake beautifully and are the perfect complement to all the different flavors of the sliders. I also have a homemade recipe for Hawaiian Rolls you could make and use.
Meat: I used slices of deli ham for the sliders. You could also use leftover ham if you have that available.
Cheeses: Both sharp cheddar cheese and provolone cheese slices were used to make these sliders super cheesy! You could also stick to one kind of cheese or use your favorite combination.
Butter Topping: The seasoned melted butter over the tops of the rolls really sets these breakfast sandwiches apart from your average ham, egg, and cheese sandwich.
How to Make Ham Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Your family and friends will go nuts over the cheesy layers in this recipe. It will quickly become the best breakfast sandwich recipe in your arsenal. Just be ready for folks to ask to come over a lot more! The steps to prepare these easy breakfast sandwiches are:
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper
- Pour the mixture into a hot nonstick pan until the eggs are set. Gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large, soft, curds. Continue until no visible liquid remains. Set the eggs aside.
- Split your rolls in half, placing the bottom halves in the baking dish.
- Top the buns with cheddar, ham, eggs, and provolone. Feel free to double up or overlap!
- Mix together melted butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Place the tops of the buns on top and brush on the butter mixture.
- Tent the sandwiches with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese is hot and bubbly! Serve warm!
Can I make this Breakfast Sandwich without Ham?
Sure, you can substitute any cooked meats in this recipe. Bacon, Canadian bacon, and breakfast sausage are all delicious options. Just make sure they are pre-cooked. You can even simplify and just make a quick and easy egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.
Can I make this a Ham Egg and Cheese English Muffin?
Why not? Replace the dinner rolls with English Muffins, or bread, or even bagels. Just make sure that you place them as close together in the pan as possible. This quick and easy sandwich has so many possibilities.
Can I Freeze this Breakfast Sandwich?
Yes! First, get out your aluminum foil. Simply wrap the cooked and cooled sandwiches individually in the aluminum foil and place them in your freezer. They will be good for up to one month. When you are ready, unwrap the sandwich and place it in an oven preheated to 350°F for about 10 minutes. Or you can warm it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Either way, make extra and keep the leftovers!
Ham Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 King's Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slices ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 7×11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper until the egg whites and egg yolks are fully combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the skillet is hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds.
- Continue cooking, pulling, lifting and folding eggs, until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Split the rolls in half. Place the bottom halves of the rolls in the prepared baking dish.
- Top the buns with the cheddar cheese slices, ham slices, cooked eggs, and the provolone cheese slices.
- Place the top halves of the buns on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter mixture.
- Tent the dish with aluminum foil, not letting it touch the tops of the rolls and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Looking for More Breakfast Recipes?
We raise our own chickens so, we ALWAYS have plenty of eggs on hand. Breakfast recipes are not hard to come by in my house, here are a few of my favorites.