Broccoli and Potato Frittata makes the perfect brunch entree. Hearty ingredients like potatoes, eggs, and cheese make this frittata satisfying, while the broccoli and tomatoes make it nutritious. If you love frittatas, you may want to try my Breakfast Strata (a broccoli, mushroom, and cheese egg bake).
Broccoli and Potato Frittata
I love a hot breakfast, especially when it is made with eggs. Adding some vegetables in the mix doesn’t hurt, either! This Broccoli and Potato Frittata is like an unfolded omelet that can be shared with a few people. And, once you get the hang of it, you can customize this recipe.
Broccoli and Potato Frittata Recipe
With just a little prep work and lots of spices, you will have a new breakfast favorite. The protein from the eggs will keep your hunger at bay and the added vegetables will make you feel good about what you are feeding your body.
- Russett potatoes
- Olive oil
- Asiago or Parmesan cheese
Be sure to wash, peel and dice your potatoes ahead of time. Also, you will need to chop the onion and slice the tomato. Then, it’s a matter of putting everything together.
How to Make Broccoli and Potato Frittata
Once your prep work is done (the potatoes, onion, tomato), it’s time to put everything together. There a few independent steps you need to complete along to way, so I will be as detailed as I can.
- First, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the diced potatoes and let them cook for 5-7 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon, keeping the water boiling. Set the potatoes aside in a bowl.
- Add the broccoli to the boiling water and cook for up to a minute, or just until a bright green. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Save this to add to the eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the spice mixture to the eggs and continue to whisk until combined.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onions until they are softened and nearly translucent.
- Add the potatoes and broccoli to the onions and cook them all together for about a minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the egg mixture. Let it sit until the egg edge is almost firm.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and cheese.
- Finally, broil the skillet for 4-5 minutes, or until the center is firm.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Looking for other Hot Breakfast Ideas?
Broccoli and Potato Frittata
Loaded with vegetables and eggs, this Broccoli and Potato Frittata will be sure you get you energized and ready for the day!
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 ½ cups Russett potatoes, washed and diced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated
Add about 2 tablespoons of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
Add the potatoes and cook until fork-tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes and set aside.
Maintain the boil and add the broccoli. Let cook for a few seconds, up to a minute, until bright green. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine oregano, rosemary, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until when the whisk is removed, no egg whites remain on the whisk.
Add the spice mixture and continue whisking until thoroughly combined.
In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Sautee the onion until softened and nearly translucent.
Add the potatoes and broccoli and cook for 1 minute.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour in the egg mixture. Let sit undisturbed until the egg along the edge of the skillet begins to set and is almost firm.
Top with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle on the cheese.
Place under the broiler for 4 to 5 minutes until the center is firm when shaken. Serve warm.