Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Potatoes is as easy to put together as it is flavorful, made with kielbasa, potatoes, cream of chicken soup, and cheese, all cooked together in a slow cooker. Try my Slow Cooker Turkey Chili for another delicious ‘set it and forget it’ recipe! If you love Kielbasa, be sure to check out more Kielbasa recipes that I have!
Potatoes: You will need a 32-ounce bag of frozen, diced potatoes.
Kielbasa: Kielbasa (sometimes also called ring sausage) is a flavorful, lightly smoked sausage that is pre-cooked. You could also use Andouille sausage, Mexican Chorizo, or other sausages as substitutes.
Cheese: I used both sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. You could stick to one kind of cheese if preferred.
Spices: You will just need some chives, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper for spices. You could leave out the cayenne pepper if you don’t want any extra kick to the dish.
How To Serve Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Potatoes
Add some green beans or asparagus as a side dish and a basket of breadsticks to make this meal complete. If you love kielbasa, try my Slow Cooker Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa for a simple appetizer to share.
What is the Difference between Kielbasa and Sausage?
Kielbasa is a sausage that originated in Poland. Both kielbasa and sausage come in quite a few varieties. However, there are differences between the two. Kielbasa is usually shaped like a horseshoe or in a loop. It is made with coarsely ground meat which gives it more texture. Authentic kielbasa is made with pork or a combination of pork and beef, while sausage uses a variety of different meats. You can find kielbasa in most grocery stores. In America, kielbasa is also called ring sausage.
How To Store Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Potatoes
To store slow cooker kielbasa and potatoes, first, let it cool to room temperature. Then, store it in airtight containers in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Potatoes
- 32 ounces frozen diced potatoes
- 2 rings (14 ounces each) Kielbasa, sliced, then halved
- 1 cup (113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (113 g) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Spray the bowl of a 6-8 quart slow cooker with nonstick spray. Or, line the bowl with a liner.
- To the slow cooker, add the diced potatoes, kielbasa, both kinds of cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, chives, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. (Or, cook on high for 3-4 hours.)
- When ready, stir and serve, garnished with fresh parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
This recipe was inspired by the Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Potatoes recipe by Must Love Home.