Buffalo Chicken Bread is an individual serving roll that is filled with a cheesy center, buffalo chicken, and topped with more cheese before being baked to a golden brown. They are meant as individual servings but are big enough for 2 folks to share! Try my Buffalo Chicken Meatballs for another appetizer with that extra buffalo sauce kick.
Buffalo Chicken Bread
My love for buffalo chicken started with classic buffalo wings. Even with all the other spices and flavors that are available to choose from, I still find myself sticking with the traditional buffalo sauce. I even have a homemade buffalo sauce you can use with this recipe. I added ranch seasoning to the cheesy mixture that goes inside the rolls, but I love to add some extra blue cheese dressing to dip in after they are baked.
Buffalo Chicken Bread Recipe
I have spent far too much time trying to cut up big loaves of bread to make the “traditional” pull-apart bread. I always seem to mess it up, not get the cuts deep enough, make them too deep, not enough cheese in the cuts, etc. This “individual” sized portion is a LOT easier to manage and still has maximum flavor!
Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Large rolls–I recommend Kaiser rolls, otherwise known as a Vienna or hard rolls. They are a bit bigger than a standard hamburger bun and bought UNCUT.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh chives
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Rotisserie chicken–If you can’t get to the store for chicken, make your own rotisserie chicken. If you do pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store, they sometimes have some already shredded.
- Buffalo sauce–If you make your own sauce, you can make it as hot or as not as you like!
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dry ranch seasoning–Use one packet of store-bought or use 2 tablespoons of homemade seasoning mix.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bread
First, get your rolls cut so they can hold all the cheese and buffalo chicken that will be baked inside! But, don’t cut all the way through the rolls; just make an ‘x’ in each roll. Next, combine the oil, salt, parsley, and chives in a small bowl. Brush the insides of the bread with this oil mixture, reserving a little bit to brush on the tops of the rolls before baking. Next, use 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese to fill in between the wedges of the bread of each loaf.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy. Add chicken, buffalo sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and dry ranch seasoning mix and stir well until combined. Spoon about 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture into each roll. Use all of it, and then add the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese.
Brush the remaining oil mixture on top of the rolls and bake them for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown. I baked all four in a large (15-inch) oven-safe skillet, but you could also use a parchment-lined baking sheet as well. Garnish with parsley before serving.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Bread
This cheesy bread is definitely a rich and filling bread that can easily be cut in half, or even in fourths, before serving. For serving size, I said 8 servings in the recipe, and that is if everyone ate half a roll. Because of the added protein in the bread, a roll could definitely be served as a meal!
Looking for More Buffalo Chicken Recipes?
Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread
Buffalo Chicken Bread is an individual serving roll that is filled with a cheesy center, buffalo chicken, and topped with more cheese before being baked to a golden brown.
- 4 round (5-6 inches) rolls
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons homemade dry ranch seasoning, or 1 package store-bought ranch seasoning
Preheat oven to 350° F
- Make two lengthwise cuts on the top of the rolls, (like an X) making sure that the base of the bread remains attached, so not cutting all the way through.
- In a small bowl combine oil, salt, parsley, and chives.
- Brush the insides of the bread with the oil mixture, reserving some for brushing the outside of the bread at the end.
- Separate out 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and carefully fill in between the wedges of the bread on each loaf.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy.
Add the chicken, buffalo sauce, mozzarella cheese, and ranch seasoning. Stir until well combined.
Spoon 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture in between the wedges of each roll. (You should use all of the cream cheese mixture.)
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the remaining oil mixture on the outside of the bread loaves.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown, in a large (15-inch) oven-safe skillet. Top with parsley, for garnish.