Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are lightly seasoned sticks of sweet potatoes cooked in the air fryer until crispy on the outside with a soft and tender inside. They are a fantastic side dish or snack option for anyone looking to enjoy a healthier alternative to traditional fried potatoes. Or, perfect for those who simply love sweet potatoes! You can also make these in the oven! I also have Roasted Sweet Potatoes that you will love!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene (a powerful antioxidant), fiber, iron, calcium, and vitamins. Look for potatoes that are similar in size and try to cut them into equal-sized sticks. I left the skins on the potatoes, but you can certainly peel the potatoes if preferred.
Oil: Extra virgin olive oil, a healthier choice among cooking oils, helps the sweet potato fries achieve that crispy texture on the outside.
Seasonings: All I added to the sweet potatoes was a little salt and pepper.
What To Serve With Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries are a versatile and delicious side dish that can be paired with a variety of main courses and accompaniments. Here are some delicious ideas:
- Burgers like my Cheeseburger, Rodeo Burger, or Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger
- Sandwiches like Grilled Cheese, BLTs, or a Cobb Salad Sandwich
- Grilled or Shredded Chicken
- Wedge Salad
- Steak Bites
What Dipping Sauces Pair Well With Sweet Potato Fries?
Sweet Potato Fries can be enjoyed as-is, or with a variety of dipping sauce options. Here are a few of my favorites:
Storing & Reheating Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Store leftover sweet potato fries in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last up to 3-4 days. To reheat the fries, use the air fryer or the oven. If reheating in the microwave, they will lose the crispy texture.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed, cut into ½-inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Working in batches, place the sweet potatoes into the basket of your air fryer in a single layer.
- Air fry* at 350°F for 16-18 minutes, or until they reach your desired crispness, flipping the fries (or shaking the basket) halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat the fries as instructed.
- Place the fries in a single layer onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then, carefully flip the fries and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes (or until the fries reach your desired crispness).
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
I have always been a big fan of sweet potato fries. These are lightly (and perfectly) seasoned and subtly sweet. A must-try for anyone looking to satisfy their fry cravings, with a healthier twist.
I love all things sweet potato! And, I am also Team Air Fryer! So, this easy side dish of Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries will be made on a weekly basis at my house!
Sweet potato fries are delicious, so I love to switch to sweet potato fries whenever I can!
Simple and tasty! These are good on their own or with a little ranch!
Such an easy recipe! It is a tasty, slightly sweet snack! Even better with a savory dip on the side. Sweet potato fries aren't my first choice when it comes to fries, but I can see why people would like it!
I'm not a huge fan of sweet potatoes, but I love the ease of making these in the air fryer. I really liked them dipped in Cowboy Ranch!