The purest, organic, delicious flavor of banana makes this the BEST Banana Muffin I have ever had!
For some reason that I cannot comprehend, my kids like banana muffins better than Blueberry Muffins. Creating the perfect Banana Muffin became my mission, and I think I have finally developed a recipe that puts all others to shame!
What makes these muffins the BEST? Two things:
- The method. It is one bowl (which is great!) but once I added the dry ingredients to the wet I mixed until JUST combined. This ended up being about 15 turns with the spatula. Not over-mixing the ingredients allows these muffins to bake up beautifully and create the MOST perfect texture!
- NO CINNAMON. I love cinnamon in banana bread, but for some reason, banana muffins taste so much better without it! The pure flavor of the banana really shines through. These muffins melt in your mouth!
Can I make These into a Cupcake?
This is truly the moistest, most flavorful, and EASY banana muffin we have ever had! I have five growing kids who love to eat a big breakfast, so I often need to double the recipe. 🙂 If you want to get a little crazy, you could quickly turn these into cupcakes. Just add frosting! Try this one on for size Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting!
Can I Add Anything to my Muffins?
Yes, you absolutely can! Quickly convert this simple banana muffin recipe into a banana chocolate chip recipe by adding a cup of your favorite chips into the mix. Or, if you are a fan of nuts in your banana muffins, add 1 cup of the nut of your choice into the mix!
Can I Make These Gluten-Free?
Some companies offer a gluten-free flour that you can use interchangeably with all-purpose flour. You can use 1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour in this recipe, but the texture does change slightly. They are not as light as a full gluten muffin, but still delicious.
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until ingredients are JUST incorporated. (Be careful not to overmix)
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of batter to muffin pan lined with cupcake liners. (This is about ⅔ full)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until center of muffin springs back when touched and center no longer appears wet. Be careful to not bake muffins for too long – you do not want burnt edges.
- Remove muffins from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.